Touch possibly HCV body fluid. Your advice please!

Dear Dr. Dieterich, I touched some blood on a public toilet seat when I cleaned it two months ago. I had a semi-healed cut on my finger and the blood did got on it. You said in one of your replies that "If you treat the acute infection, the cure rate is 100." I have been having very mild pain under my ribcase for 2 weeks. (The pain occurs once every 30-60 minutes a day). Should I go tested? If I am positive, should I begin treatment right away? Your advice please!! Thank you very much for helping! Sincerely, Eibel

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Eibel, Go get tested, but you may have something else! It is not likely you can get it from body fluids. Ask your MD for an ultrasound to see if you have gallstones! Good luck! DTD

Chances of Being Cured of Hep C
Hepatitis in China