Nov 13, 2001
Has hep-c been shown to be transmitted via a handshake? would both indviduals have to have 'bleeding' cuts?...any documented cases this way?....thanks
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I have never seen a case transmitted that way. Both persons hands would need to have open bleeding cuts and the blood would have to be exchanged for there to be any risk whatsoever. There have been cases of transmision in barroom brawls, where there are cut lips and cut knuckles. Go ahead shake hands, but don't come out fighting! DTD
Can you please explain my results?
how the government deals with injected drugs
- What Organism Causes The Shingles?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm Antibodies?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
- Unique Characteristics Of Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.