Nov 13, 2001
Has hep-c been shown to be transmitted via a handshake? would both indviduals have to have 'bleeding' cuts?...any documented cases this way?....thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I have never seen a case transmitted that way. Both persons hands would need to have open bleeding cuts and the blood would have to be exchanged for there to be any risk whatsoever. There have been cases of transmision in barroom brawls, where there are cut lips and cut knuckles. Go ahead shake hands, but don't come out fighting! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Casual Contact Blood Cuts On Hand
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.