Can you please explain my results?

Dr. Dieterich, I got some tests at a physician's office in China and the results are as follows: HBsAg 12.01(+) 0.0-1.0 S/CO HBsAb 0.06(-) 0.0-1.0 S/CO HBeAg@.53(-) .0-1.0 S/CO HBeAB 1.86(-) 1.0-99 S/CO HBcAd 0.12(+) 1.0-99 (S/Co

ALT 29 U/L 5-45 AST 21 U/L 5-45 GGT 14 U/L 5-45 TP 70.0 G/L 65-80 ALB 44.1 G/L 35-55 GLO 25.90 G/L 20-30 A/G 1.70 1.2-2.5

They said I had chronic HB. I think they are idiots after reading some articles. Almost 98 percents of those who are infected clear the virus by themselves. I think they just assumed that pos antibody test meant that the patient was chronic. Would you please explain to me whether or not they are wrong? If they are right, is my case serious? Should I be on medication? Thanks for helping.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis B is very confusing for most medical professionals. Those tests mean that you have e antibody and no e antigen. That usually means that you have cleared the virus on your own. There is a rare thing found more often in China called the pre-core mutant, where the e antigen is negative and there is still virus there. I would doubt that you would have that. However, to be sure you should check for HBV DNA by PCR. If it is less than 50,000 copies then you have cleared it! DTD

Test results 200/ml
casual contact