Hepatitis C and Crohn's

\I am a white female, age 33, with genotype 1b, ALT 30, AST 28 and 440,000 copies. I also suffer from a mild case of Crohn's disease for which I am taking Asacol (sulfasalazine) as a preventative. Can you please tell me your toughts of my chances of being "cured" with my condtion and will the Asacol have any effect with treatment outcome? Lastly, what treatment would you recommend. I thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you could offer.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Your Crohn's disease is a different condition ,but is also an immune process as HCV.I am not aware of any report of agravation or worsening of this condition with interferon therapy,but although possible ,it may be rare and not significant.Anyway be sure you are stable before you start hepatitis therapy,and follow closely. Genotype i ,low viral load:sustained response rate with Peg-Intron and RBV-41% ,but this data is not reported ,appears in the drug insert.Pegasys and RBV -46%,in intention to treat analysis;this number is higher in the patients that actually received treatment.Regarding side effects;Peg-Intron is worse than Rebetron and,Pagasys is better. Your best choice is clear.

Side Effects & Cure Rate Using Pegylated Interferon for Hep C
Level of hep c