|Hep C coming back?
Oct 25, 2001
My doctor told me after taking a DNA blood test that I have rid Hep C by myself and that the chances of it ever coming back are very very slim. What is your opinion on it ever coming back? thank you.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you have a negative HCV RNA ,you cleared the particular genotype of the virus that infected you.It has been shownhowever,that this will not protect you from infection with another genotype of the HCV .You need to prevent the infection by safe sex ,not sharing needles etc;as there is no vaccine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get AIDS From Picking Your Nose?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.