what do i do now?

okay, so i am a health care professional who was splashed by a pt with hep c. this was in may. i took combivir and viracept for 1 month on advice from my employee health rn. i guess i should also mention that i never reached immunity with my hepatitis series, which i have taken 3 separate rounds of. anyway, last night i happened to have a needle stick and now find myself in the same situation, back on the meds and this time, the pt. is practically unknown(in and out of the er). the employee health nurse-practioner advised me that my sgot is 93 and wants to know if i want to stop the meds...i realize that this site is for those who are already positive and that i dont know yet but please help..any advice would be helpful. thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The risk of becoming infected by a needle stick is very low.You were placed in prophylaxis for HIV,this did not have any effect in the first accident for HCV.There are no reported positive cases with splashes for HCV.I advise you to run a HCV pcr and, if negative, you are O.K.You will need to do also a HIV PCR.Your chances are by far, that you are well.By the way ,the increase in the hepatic tests,suggest toxicity to the HIV drugs.

Saving Sperm before Treatment??
HEP-B immunity