Tests and Acuracy

I have learned that there are many tests for HCV ike PCR and the antibody. However, you said in one of your replies that it may take about 12 months for HCV antibody to develop. Oh, my! HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM INFECTED OR NOT WITHOUT WAITING FOR ONE YEAR?? Is a PCR negative at six months and HCV antibody neg at 7 months 100 reliable that I am NOT infected? Any suggestions on knowing HIV status earlier please?!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You may want to check other answers about the same today.If you have HCV PCR negative ,you are negative period.!!!Seroconversion ,meaning the antibody appearance may take as long as a year.You do not care about this ,because this is a memory that will remain positive and only means that you were infected ,if that was the case.The important thing is that you do not have virus in the blood if the PCR ,is negative.

Pegasys?
should I have a vaccine