ANA profile...answer?

DR.'s

I am really concerned about the questions i posed two times previously about the elevated ANA level. Is this not a legitimate question? Please answer if you recieved my two previous queries about this. I don't know if they got through. Please help me ..i'm scared and i don't know what these test results may mean. Thank you

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Ana,or antinuclear antibody is a protein produced in the body that is related to the immune system.It is detected in around 20% of the normal population,and it may be high in many different diseases.It has no diagnostic value alone,and is only one test of the work up of many diseases as:thyroid,arthritis,hepatitis,anemias etc.You need to discuss with your doctor, what is the relevance,if any, in your case.

Hiv & Hep. C
Pegasys?