With regards to HCV affecting HIV

This is in response to the question dated Oct 15, about the window period for HIV affected by HCV infection.

When would it be safe to take the antibody test for HIV if the window period is indeed delayed by hepatitis infection. The PCR test is out of the question, it is too expensive. So when can I take the usual antibody test and be assured that I am not infected with HIV?

If I were to take an antibody test for heptitis B, when can I take it to be sure that I am free of the disease? What about for hep a and hep c?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Hepatitis C infection will not affect the diagnosis of HIV.These are different viruses,and the tests check for very diverse proteins.Hep.C seroconversion is usually after 2 months ,but can take a year.

Hep B, Yes or No?
HBS Positive