Hep C

Dr Dieterich, I am co-infected with both hep. C and HIV/AIDS. I asked my doctor if it was possible for someone with Hiv/Aids to be "cured"of the Hep C. He said that it was possible for the body to rid itself of Hep. C, but that he had never heard of anyone that was co-infected where this was the case. Do you know of any cases where this has happened. It would give me a little bit of hope for the future if I thought my body might be able to "cure" itself of the Hep C, maybe with the help of some hep medications. Thanks for your time!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Absolutely! We have at least 20 patients with HIV and HCV who have been cured of their HCV in our practice. I now see them once or twice a year and all are doing very well. It is definitely possible and getting more probable every day! Good luck, you can do it too! DTD

HEP C and HIV
Hep B doctors results Vs. Internet research