|HEP C and HIV
Oct 22, 2001
DEAR DR.DIETRICH-PLEASE ANSWER.If I was infected with HEPC and HIV 5 months ago would something show on antibody tests by now? I had a PCRRNA and DNA for HIV-negative,and negative HEPC antibody and normal sed rate- I am experiencing general swollen lymph nods and am VERY AFRAID I might have HEPC and HIV-How do you find out- PLEASE ANSWER THANK YOU!
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The outside limit for HCV antibody is usually around 6 months. If you are really worried about HCV then you should get the HCV RNA test as well as the HIV RNA test. Sounds like you are most likely OK. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.