|HEPATITIS AND HIV TEST.
Aug 4, 2000
> Is possible that Hepatitis could be confused with HIV, on test? I have hepatitis B when I was child and I have never mention that in any HIV test, so it is my fault, could you recommend me any test to be conclude about my HIV conditions, taking account hepatitis too? Elisa test was positive for me in december 98, but Elisa was negative on december 99, PCR in february 2000 was positive. Many thanks.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You should have tests for hepatitis A, B and C as well as HIV and you should tell your healthcare providers everything. Don't be shy! It is for your benefit! DTD
partner has HCV
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.