|Any benefit to continuing 3TC after 6 years?
Aug 4, 2000
Dear Dr. D -- I am HIV+ and have chronic Hep B. My HIV MD has recommended a structured treatment interruption of my HIV drugs which include Epivir. I have been on Epivir for over 6 years. My genotype test shows mutation at M184V. My Liver MD say he sees no reason to continue it. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help. Atlanta
Response from Dr. Dieterich
dropout rate on new meds
Latency period for the detection of HBV and HCV antibodies
- What Are The Names Of Tests For Hiv?
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection After 4 Weeks
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Cause Hearing Loss?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Nail Clippers?
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.