dropout rate on new meds

From what I've read on the net, the dropout rate for pegylated interferon seems to be about the same as for intron A and ribavirin combos. Am I misinterpreting the data? Bottom line: I didn't tolerate the old combo and stopped after six months. Are we seeing better adherence/tolerance on the new meds.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Peg is much better tolerated by our patients. This data does not seem to be reflected in the published reports, however, our clinical experience definitely indicates that it is easier on our patients. I would give it a try if I were you. DTD

hepatitis C and St. Johns Wort
Any benefit to continuing 3TC after 6 years?