hepatitis C and St. Johns Wort
Aug 4, 2000
Are there any bad effects for people with hepatitis C taking St. John's Wort??
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is no real effect on hepatitis C. However, St John's Wort is metabolized in the liver and stimulates the p450 system which is responsible for processing many drugs. If the liver is in good shape with hepatitis C there should not be many problems, however I would caution anyone if they are taking any other medications to be very careful with St. John's Wort. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.