HIV and pregnancy
Aug 4, 2000
Are there any ways that a woman can have the child of a man who's HIV positive without getting infected herself?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are several ways that are theoretically possible. There are some groups in the world that are washing sperm and doing artificial insemination, that is slightly risky. To be completely safe, you would need to do sperm washing and then in vitro fertilization. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.