|HIV and pregnancy
Aug 4, 2000
Are there any ways that a woman can have the child of a man who's HIV positive without getting infected herself?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are several ways that are theoretically possible. There are some groups in the world that are washing sperm and doing artificial insemination, that is slightly risky. To be completely safe, you would need to do sperm washing and then in vitro fertilization. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Blood Transfusion?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Getting A Tattoo?
- Can You Get AIDS From Cunilingus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.