Hepatitis Testing

When being tested for any form of hepatitis (specifically those types transmitted sexually), is there an estimated time frame after exposure that a test would come back positive? For example, if I felt I was exposed 2 months ago, and tested negative today, is it safe to say I'm out of the woods? Also, how can one find a place to get an anonymous hepatitis test??

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I don't know of anyone doing anonymous hepatitis testing. You should really wait 6 months to be reasonably safe. You should get tested for antibodies and get vaccinated to hep A and B if you are negative and practice safe sex in the future! DTD

Interferon for KS in diagnosed liver fibrosis
Should I Start Hep C Treatment Now?