Aug 17, 2000
When being tested for any form of hepatitis (specifically those types transmitted sexually), is there an estimated time frame after exposure that a test would come back positive? For example, if I felt I was exposed 2 months ago, and tested negative today, is it safe to say I'm out of the woods? Also, how can one find a place to get an anonymous hepatitis test??
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I don't know of anyone doing anonymous hepatitis testing. You should really wait 6 months to be reasonably safe. You should get tested for antibodies and get vaccinated to hep A and B if you are negative and practice safe sex in the future! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Effects Of Chlamydia In Women
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.