Aug 17, 2000
How soon after infection would one begin to have symptoms? I had unprotected sex with a woman and the very next day I began having nausea and about a month later, I began having joint pains. Could this be caused by Hepatitis or is it some other HIV complication? I have been poz for 1 year.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is not possible to have symptoms 1 day after exposure. You may have been nauseated because of your unsafe sex. If you are worried about hepatitis, 4 weeks is possible to begin having symptoms. Get tested for hepatitis A, B and C. If you don't have antibodies, get vaccinated. And finally, for everyone's sake, practice safe sex! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.