To treat or not

My blood work was mostly normal except for AST which was 47,(normal being 19-45) and WBC low 4.2, (normal 4.3-10.9.) Biopsy showed moderate parenchymal injury, marked portal inflammation and mild periportal bridging necrosis in both Knodell Score and ISHAK Score. What does this all mean? I am a 1b, viral load 2,160,000,had a bout of ulcerative colitis 19 years ago with no reoccurrence. I was told I may not be a good candidate for treatment because of the above. How can I raise my WBC and if I did could this fight the Hep c by itself without treatment? My amylase is high 117 (normal 30-110) what does this mean and how come I ache all over arthritis, allergies and digestive problems and tiredness, and my liver shows little activity?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is hard to answer all those questions about you in particular. However, in general, HCV can cause aches and pains arthritis etc., and treating it will change that. The amylase can be from your pancreas, but a lipase would confirm that. You and your MD have to evaluate the risks and benefits of treatment for you. It is not wrong to obtain a second opinion. DTD

Hep C & Cats
reason of me being HIV positive