|False positive results in pregnant women
Sep 6, 2000
Can a false positive result occur in the HIV test by ELISA in pregnant women?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, it has been reported. If the ELISA is positive an HIV PCR would be the best test to determine if the infection is real. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Sign Of AIDS?
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.