|False positive results in pregnant women
Sep 6, 2000
Can a false positive result occur in the HIV test by ELISA in pregnant women?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, it has been reported. If the ELISA is positive an HIV PCR would be the best test to determine if the infection is real. DTD
Immune after cure
Hep C & Cats
- Is Thrush Connected To Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- Can Fleas Spread Hiv?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Rash Can Mimic Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.