|False positive results in pregnant women
Sep 6, 2000
Can a false positive result occur in the HIV test by ELISA in pregnant women?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, it has been reported. If the ELISA is positive an HIV PCR would be the best test to determine if the infection is real. DTD
Immune after cure
Hep C & Cats
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.