|Treat now or wait for Peg?
Sep 6, 2000
I recently had a liver biopsy that showed stage 2 fibrosis with inflammation. I'm genotype 1a. With all that I have read regarding success with current treatment, do you think it feasible to wait for the approval of Peg interferon or should treatment commence now? I understand that peg interferon may produce a better chance at a sustained response than the current interferons because there are not the peaks and drops of the current treatment. Thank you in advance for you opinion.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The Peg interferon alone is not quite as good as ribavirin and interferon together. The first peg should be approved late this year or early next year and the second later in 2001. With a grade 2 biopsy you probably could wait for a few months, without serious risk of progression. Good luck! DTD
Sorry to bother you!
Immune after cure
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- Metronidazole And Hiv
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Hiv Appear?
- Can Anxiety About Catching Hiv Make You Get Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- Is The Aids Virus Killed In Boiling Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.