|You said HCV did NOT affect HIV?
Oct 15, 2001
Doctor, here is a recent article that reports HCV and HIV coinfection appear to delay the test period for HIV: http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hiv_hcv_co_inf/051500.html Please post it but I think you won't--you didnot know this event!!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The HIV antibody test may be delayed, but not the PCR. If you want to be sure about either infection then the test for the virus is the one to be done. DTD
have asked two questions with no response
What are my odds?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Can I Catch An Std By Kissing A Woman's Breasts?
- Can Lymph Nodes Swelling Be The Only Symptom?
- Condom Slipped Off Pulling Out
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.