|You said HCV did NOT affect HIV?
Oct 15, 2001
Doctor, here is a recent article that reports HCV and HIV coinfection appear to delay the test period for HIV: http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hiv_hcv_co_inf/051500.html Please post it but I think you won't--you didnot know this event!!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The HIV antibody test may be delayed, but not the PCR. If you want to be sure about either infection then the test for the virus is the one to be done. DTD
have asked two questions with no response
What are my odds?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.