|have asked two questions with no response
Oct 15, 2001
1st I have heard of a new treatment for Hep c 2nd I have tested positive for HCV counts PCR >1,000,000 copies and HCV,RNA,PCR,Quant 600,000 and ALT 60H IU/L why have I not been offered Treatment. Is this not bad enough?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If you have the virus, and you do, then treatment discussion is something to be done.The best way to make a decision about treatment is with a liver biopsy. If you have any fibrosis at all on the biopsy then treatment is advisable. If you do not, then the call is yours. If you would like to rid yourself of the virus the new treatment is about 60% effective and it should be offered to you. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.