|Sorry to bother you!
Sep 6, 2000
Dear doctor, I am a hep B sufferer. is there a cure for it? if so, what is the medicine? if not, how long will you expect a cure to come in the future? thank you very much. kitty
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is no bother, I am happy to help. There are 2 medications approved for hep B now interferon and lamivudine. Both provide a cure rate of about 35-40%. There are many new drugs on the horizon too. You should be evaluated for your liver disease by a liver specialist now and then make an informed decision. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool Sign Of HIV Infection
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.