|Sorry to bother you!
Sep 6, 2000
Dear doctor, I am a hep B sufferer. is there a cure for it? if so, what is the medicine? if not, how long will you expect a cure to come in the future? thank you very much. kitty
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is no bother, I am happy to help. There are 2 medications approved for hep B now interferon and lamivudine. Both provide a cure rate of about 35-40%. There are many new drugs on the horizon too. You should be evaluated for your liver disease by a liver specialist now and then make an informed decision. DTD
Dealing with which first?
Treat now or wait for Peg?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.