|liver damage detection
Sep 6, 2000
I have been told that an electron beam tomography (rapid cat scan )is very good in detecting fibrosis or cirrhosis of the liver. What do you think? Thanks !
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
So far there is really no data to indicate that that is a good way to evaluate fibrosis. There are also serum tests being worked on to evaluate fibrosis, but not available yet. At present we are stuck with liver biopsies (so to speak)! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Blood Tests For Yearly Physical Find Hiv?
- Yeast Infection And Genital Warts
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What Does The First Genital Herpes Outbreak Look Like?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.