Yellow Jaundice

when I was four years old I had "yellow jaundice" - that is what it was referred to then. I remember my skin was yellow and I was considered infectious and I was very seriously ill. I'm still unclear as to what kind of hepatitis I had. Can you enlighten me? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It was likely hepatitis A which is common in children and is spread fecally-orally. Because of that method of spread it can also be sexually transmitted in the gay population. You can have your MD check your blood for antibodies to hepatitis A and B and if you are negative then you should be vaccinated for one or both. Good luck! DTD

Dont know what it means
Transmission possible from new razors?