Oct 15, 2001
when I was four years old I had "yellow jaundice" - that is what it was referred to then. I remember my skin was yellow and I was considered infectious and I was very seriously ill. I'm still unclear as to what kind of hepatitis I had. Can you enlighten me? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It was likely hepatitis A which is common in children and is spread fecally-orally. Because of that method of spread it can also be sexually transmitted in the gay population. You can have your MD check your blood for antibodies to hepatitis A and B and if you are negative then you should be vaccinated for one or both. Good luck! DTD
Dont know what it means
Transmission possible from new razors?
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.