New drug for HepC

I have chronic hep C. My hepatologist now suggest x1 weekly Interferon with a new drug just FDA approved this month. What is the new drug?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Glad you asked. Pegylated interferon has now been approved with the use of ribavirin for treatment of hepatitis C. It is much easier to take and better tolerated than the older interferon preparation. It must be taken with ribavirin to get the higher success rates. This is a major advance in the treatment of hepatitis C. One of the things my patients like best is that the weekly dose can be given when they choose and the two days after that they will feel a little poorly, but the rest of the week they are much more functional! Listen to your MD! and Good Luck! DTD

Getting Treatment for Hep C
Dont know what it means