|hiv testing how accurate are they
Sep 22, 2000
my wife got tested at a plasma place just for the usually things i guess and one her hiv test first it came up on positive i think then they did some more testing and then it came up negative. My question is how accurate are these test and why did the find something. She is going to doctor to check for sure.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is a good idea for her to see a doctor. There are occasional false positive antibody tests, but the viral ,the PCR is the ultimate answer. Good luck! DTD
just had a small question
- Can Someone Get HIV From Erotic Massage?
- HIV Risk After Genital Rubbing
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom Slipped
- Sex With Stripper Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.