HCV Cure?

In your response to a message on mutual masturbation and HCV spread, you told the individual and that if he is treated for HCV and cured, he need not worry about passing it on. I have HCV, Rebetron TX ends in December (12 month regime), the viral load is now undetectable and liver enzymes are down to 3. My understanding is that HCV can be suppressed but that it is still present even though undetectable. Am I wrong - how would I know if it is cured?

Thank you. com

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear V Slater,

The data so far has indicated that if you are PCR negative 6 months after stopping treatment you are about 98% likely to be PCR negative 10 years later. That constitutes in many people's minds a cure. So far no one has been able to find any virus in these people. Hepatitis B may be a different matter, but it looks like hepatitis C is" curable" .DTD

hepatitis c
working in a restaurant with hepatitis