Sep 22, 2000
Can someone who is HIV positive or has AIDS have a Liver transplant? If yes, what is the success rate?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The experience is very limited so far,but there have been some transplants done. The information so far is so far so good, but much more data is needed. Usually the centers ask that the HIV be undetectable. DTD
SGOT and AGPT levels
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Std?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.