|HEP C, AIDS & Hemophilia
Sep 22, 2000
If I am a hemophiliac and have had AIDS for over 5 years, and was just diagnosed with HEP C, what are my chances for survival? What symptoms will I be feeling? Why would I just find out that I have HEP C now after being positive for over 15-16 years?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is really impossible to say what your survival would be. However, most hemophiliacs have hepatitis C from factor that they received before 1991. Sometimes the antibody is negative for a long time while the PCR is positive. Unless someone thought to do a PCR. The most common symptom is no symptom. What you should do now is talk to your MD about treating the HCV, it can be treated and even eradicated! Good luck! DTD
What can I do to protect myself?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.