Diagnosed HCV at 10 weeks

Dear Dr. Dieterich, Having adominal pain in the upper right quadrant of my body for two weeks and suspecting acute symptoms, I went to see a doctor. I just got back my HCV test and the test confirmed that I exposed to HCV 10 weeks ago. The doctor I saw gave me something called interferon. Is this the right medicine for acute HCV infection? According to you, the cure rate is nearly 100. I trust you but how long do you think one usually has to be on the medicine until the virus is cleared? Any suggestions please? Thank you so much for helping!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The treatment for acute hepatitis C is usually with interferon and ribavirin together. I try to treat for about 6 months to get the highest rate. It is not easy, but likely to be very successful. Good luck! DTD

Stupid question or not?(hep.B)
Possible Broken Skin Exposure to Semen and Hepatitis Symptoms