|fatty liver and stuck with hcv infected needle
Sep 25, 2001
I have had three HCV tests at 1, 5 and 13 months after suspected exposure. All of which were negative, but alt was elevated each time. (60, 75 and 88) I also had an ultrasound recently. it showed that I had a fatty liver. My side is swollen and painful just under my right ribcage. Should I have concerns about HCV? I do not drink, have diabetes nor am I overweight [maybe 10 pounds) thank you, Larry Miller
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes, by all means, you should be tested for hepatitis C and hepatitis B. Both can cause fatty liver. Particularly if you have a history of a needlestick, hepatitis is a strong possibility. Go get tested! DTD
Stupid question or not?(hep.B)
- Giving Handjob Negative At 16 Weeks
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex With Condom
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sharing A Razor
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.