Hep C & Gay Sexual Transmission

As I read the prior answers on file, I see that Hep.C is a blood-to-blood vector & non sexual in transmission. Yet there is a rise in infection rates amongst gay men who have "unsafe sex". Does this mean that Hep.C resides in semen of gay men? What are the sexual activities that promote transmission & co infection? There is something here that I am not understanding, thanks.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Hepatitis C is a blood borne disease and is present in all body fluids in different concentrations.There is sexual trasmission of the virus, but is low.If you see the CDC data, they report up to 15%.In HIV positive patients the sexual trasmission is higher.You need to understand that this results are difficult to assess.People that share sex,also share needles and razors. In my experience treating thousands of HCV and HIV-HCV co infected cases ,I still have not found a single case where I could say without doubt, that the trassmission was sexual.It may be my population ,but this is the case.Many reports have stated that the gays have much less incidence of HCV,unless they have other risk factors.Safe sex is always the best bet.

hepitis A
Hepatitis C