hep C and pregnancy

I have hepatitis C. I wanted to know if I decide to have a baby, what methods are there to protect the baby during delivery? Additionaly, how can I lower the chances of passing the virus to the fetus.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The trasmission of HCV during delivery is low in non HIV positive patients.(Less than 5%).There is no difference with the type of delivery;vaginal or C-section.When it has happened the hepatitis is very benign for the child.Please remember that of all the cases of chronic HCV,only 20%will have significant disease and are not in this setting.If you so decide,go ahead and have,love and enjoy your baby.

Jaundice, hepatitis again