|HEP B DNA by PCR
Sep 22, 2001
Can you tell me, would a DNA by PCR for HEP B pick up HIV too?
Are they the same test?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
NO.The HBV DNA only will detect Hepatitis B virus.You need HIV Pcr to detect the HIV virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.