Health risk of vaccination on already immunised person

Dear Doctor,

Jan 99 My status was Hepatitis A antibody positive and my WBC , through out 1999 , used to be in the range 8.5 8.9

Dec 99 I moved to a new country and an another doctor advised me to take Hepatitis A vaccination ( which I took, completely forgetting that I was already immunised ) .

October 2000 I took my booster dose for Hep A ( It slipped my mind to go in June , 2000 )

Jan 2001 to August 2001 My WBC has consistently been in the region of 10.2 10.6

Queries:

1. What harm , if any, was there in taking Hep A vaccination if I was already immunised ?

2. What harm, if any, was there in taking the booster dose at 10 months ( instead of 6 months)?

3. Has the unnecessary Hep A vaccination or the delay in booster dose caused my elevated WBC ?

4. Post Exposure, what is the average / usual / maximum time of detection of HBsAG ( Hepatitis B surface antigen) , by rapid strip tests. My country does not have the facilities for PCR or RNA / DNA tests.

5. I did a rapid test for HbsAg and HbsAb at 75 days post exposure Both were negative. Did I test too early ?! If I am in incubation period for HbsAg, will it help to get Hep B vaccination now?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The hepatitis A vaccine cannot hurt even if given multiple times and off schedule. The WBC is not related to that. It should be investigated on its own. It is never too late to get hepatitis B vaccine. Go for it! Good luck! DTD

ALT = 93:
taking Viramune with HEP C