ALT = 93:
Sep 12, 2001
Hello Dr., blood tests indicated ALT enzyme level @ 93. Won't be able to see my doctor until Sunday(9/9), should I be worried? I don't drink nor smoke. I am afraid of getting a liver disease. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
ALT is a non specific indicator of liver inflammation and can be caused by many things. Your MD can do lots of tests to find out why it is elevated. It is not catastrophically elevated, so this is a minor issue, but should be investigated. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.