For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

ALT = 93:

Hello Dr., blood tests indicated ALT enzyme level @ 93. Won't be able to see my doctor until Sunday(9/9), should I be worried? I don't drink nor smoke. I am afraid of getting a liver disease. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

ALT is a non specific indicator of liver inflammation and can be caused by many things. Your MD can do lots of tests to find out why it is elevated. It is not catastrophically elevated, so this is a minor issue, but should be investigated. Good luck! DTD

Enlarged Liver and Spleen & Enzymes at 570
Health risk of vaccination on already immunised person