Enlarged Liver and Spleen & Enzymes at 570

Recently my liver enzymes came back at 570 after being normal for years. I had added Oxandrin and Megace to my regimine of D4T, Ziagen, and Sustiva 4 months prior to the change. A sonigram revealed an enlarged liver and spleen. My T-cells are above 500 and viral load is undetectable below 50. I'm having alot of bile diarhea and abdominal discomfort. My Hep. profile said it was not Hep A, B or C. Should I stop taking antivirals or the Oxandrin, testosterone & Megace? The doctor recommended stopping the antivirals, but I've been faithful to diffrerent combo therapies with good results for 6 years now and hate to cause a viral load increase. Plus, isn't it dangerous to go off Ziagen for a short period of time?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

My first reaction would be to stop everything for a while and give your liver a break. It would not be a bad thing to stop for a few months particularly with your good CD4 cells. It does not hurt to restart ziagen after stopping, there is no increased risk of hypersensitivity. Oxandrin and testosterone rarely cause liver issues. Megace can cause fatty liver and that could be part of it. What is your cholesterol and triglycerides? That could also be causing this, as well as an elevated serum lactate. So ask your MD to check all of those things. DTD

Hepatitis B-immune or not
ALT = 93: