Elevated Liver Enzymes II

Hello again Dr. Dieterich, yes I am Hiv +, have been since 2/96. At this time vl= 1000, and the t-cells are 1000. Presently not on any medication. You are also correct in assuming my hepatitis markers were negative. I was on many diets but the nutritionist was unable to lower my high cholestrol so I was given Liptor, then Zocor and now it's Tricor, but in the meantime my liver enzymes are continuously climbing higher and so is the cholestrol and triglycerides. Is the gallbladder irritatng my liver and if it is, wouldn't it simplify things by having it removed?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

One of the things that can do this is nucleoside analogue toxicity especially of D4T and DDI. If that is the case then switching off those can make a big difference. The other drug/s that can do this, are particularly ritonavir(Norvir) or Kaletra. If you are taking them, switching off will make a big difference! Good luck! DTD

CONCERN ABOUT HEPATITIS C
Hepatitis B-immune or not