Relationship between HepC and HIV?

I was diagnosed with Hep C almost one year ago. I notice when I am looking for information on Hep C, HIV is always in the topics. Does Hep C lead to HIV or what is the relationship?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

HIV and hepatitis C have similar methods of transmission that is intravenous blood to blood contact. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease and HCV is not. HCV is curable and HIV is not at least so far. They both mutate rapidly and produce lots of virus that fools the immune system, but the biggest difference is that hepatitis C does not get into the genome, and therefore is eradicable and HIV does get into the genome and so far is not. DTD

Which hiv meds?
Sudden hep c symptoms