|tattoos and Hep C
Aug 26, 2001
I recently got a tattoo and now my mom is telling me that I can get hepitis C from getting one. I watched the tattooist put a clean needle on...do i have anything to worry about?Also, she wanted me to get tested...how long do i have to wait in order for anything to show up?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
There is no definite evidence of this but many of us think it is possible ,in not so hygienic places,as prisons etc.It is not only the needle ,but also the the ink as the virus can stay alive a while.If you used disposable ink ,you are O.K.The antibody test can take a year to be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting Tattoo?
- Should I Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.