Aug 26, 2001
what is hepitis a? and how is it transmitted.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis A is a virus that causes an acute inflamation of the liver.It is contracted by oral ingestion of water or food that is polluted by fecal material,as the virus is excreted in the feces of infected cases.The disease is usually mild ,but can be bad in debilitated cases ,as in the elderly and in advanced AIDS.In everybody else, the disease resolves and there is no chronic disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.