|what is Hepitis B? And what are the symptoms?
Aug 26, 2001
A friend just told me he had Hep-B, what is it and what are the symptoms? should I be concerned? What is the prognosis of someone who has it or has been exposed to it?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis B is a virus trasmitted by sex or blood contact.The majority of infected cases clear the virus,only 3% of all cases become chronic.There is therapy available.Your friend can have tests that specify his condition,and treatment if it is indicated.There is also a vaccine to prevent the infection.If his partner has had no vaccine ,they should use condoms till his status is clear and she gets the vaccine.
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Mix Fluconazole And Monistat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.